Clinically Relevant External Quality Assessment Service
Our external quality assessment service programme includes more than 160 EQA schemes, covering the key specialities of laboratory medicine. Furthermore, the programme includes a wide range of products intended for point-of-care test sites. Currently more than 5000 laboratories and POCT sites in Europe and the Middle East use Labquality´s external quality assessment programs.
Who needs external quality assessment?
Our external quality assessment services are suitable for all laboratory examinations and point-of-care tests. We provide services primarily to clinical laboratories and point-of-care sites, but also to a range of other clients, such as diagnostics companies, research laboratories and veterinary clinics. In most of the countries, participation in external quality assessment is recommended and it is a basic requirement in all quality systems associated with laboratory diagnostics. Participation in EQA is mandatory in some countries in medical laboratories and POCT as well.
Our clients include:
- Clinical laboratories
- POCT sites
- Diagnostics companies
- Universities and research institutions
- Food and environmental laboratories
- Veterinary clinics and laboratories
- Instrument care and maintenance centers
What are the benefits of external quality assessment?
One of the main purposes of external quality assessment is to maintain a high level of patient safety by improving the quality of examination processes. By using our quality assessment services, you will receive a regular, objective assessment of the validity of your measurements. The results of our assessment will serve as a basis for identifying weaknesses in your laboratory processes and test methods and, consequently, improving your performance. Furthermore, external quality assessment is a powerful tool for managing risks and making decisions when procuring new tests.
The benefits of external quality assessment
- Performance indicator for your quality system
- Tool for managing risks and ensuring patient safety
- Indicator for test precision and reproducibility
- Tool for identifying shortcomings in test methods
- Tool for maintaining and improving quality
- Supportive tool for internal quality assessment
- Supportive tool for user training and professional skills maintenance