Integrated EQA Service
Integrated EQA service is a completely new approach to external quality assessment. New programs integrate pre- and post-analytical EQA schemes to traditional analytical EQA providing a full support for ISO15189 standard requirements.
What is Integrated EQA?
Integrated EQA is a new service for laboratories and point-of-care sites. First new programs have been launched in May 2017 and first result summaries will be available in June. New programs have been very popular and there have been hundreds of participants commenting cases. First publications of Integrated EQA Schemes are expeted in autumn 2017.
Integrated EQA scheme may include:
- Pre-analytical cases (written cases, images videos) related to scope of scheme to be evaluated
- Specimens including disturbing agents (haemolysis, lipemia, drugs) to be analyzed
- Traditional specimens to be analyzed
- Post-analytical cases related to scope of the scheme to be evaluated
The selection of cases and samples varies from round to round. Some rounds may include only samples to be analyzed and some rounds pre- and/or post-analytical cases to be evaluated as well.
How does it work?
Integrated EQA schemes have been developed from Labquality´s well-known traditional EQA schemes. We recommend participants to register annual program (all rounds) to cover all pre-analytical, analytical and post-analytical cases. Case selection in EQA rounds is not announced beforehand.
In an EQA round of Integrated EQA scheme, a participant gets specimens and instructions as usual. Instruction letter guides participants to evaluate possible pre-analytical cases, analyze specimens and evaluate possible post-analytical cases. Participants are guided to report the pre-analytical findings, analyzed results and post-analytical findings to internet result form (LabScala).
In EQA evaluation report, participants get statistics of all cases and analyzed samples. Pre- and post-analytical findings are listed but not scored and analyzed results from specimens are compared to target values as usual. Integrated EQA scheme includes always expert comments to provide additional information for the participants.
Links to details of integrated EQA schemes (2018)
- 4420 ABO and Rh grouping
- 2610 Acid-base status and electrolytes
- 4460 Antibody screening and compatibility testing
- 4440 Antiglobulin test, direct
- 4388 D-dimer
- 5080 General Bacteriology 1 (aerobes and anaerobes)
- 5081 General Bacteriology 2 (aerobes)
- 2300 Hormones A: Basic analytes of hormone and immunochemistry
- 5940 Coeliac disease, antibodies
- 2301 Hormones B: Steroid and peptide hormones
- 2200 Lipids and lipoproteins
- 2240 Proteins, electrophoresis
- 1072 Serum A, lyophilized samples
- 5060 Urine culture, quantitative screening
- 5065 Urine culture, quantitative screening, identificationand susceptibility